· By Naario Support
Summer coolers - Mango Punjabi Lassi
HERE’S WHY JAGGERY IS IMPORTANT EVEN DURING SUMMERS!
- Jaggery is considered to be a winter staple which helps us in keeping our bodies warm but on the contrary- jaggery works wonders even in summers!
- A small piece of jaggery with warm water or a bite or two of jaggery during the day, boosts the energy levels and prevents dehydration.
- Jaggery contains a lot of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, manganese and vitamins such as A, E and C and has a less glycemic index compared to white sugar. It helps boost digestion and gives instant energy.
- Moreover, the fructooligosaccharides present in jaggery act as a prebiotic and feed healthy bacteria in the colon.
- 2 cups of curd/yogurt
- 5 tbsp Naario jaggery powder
- 1 cup cold milk
- ⅛ tsp cardamom powder
- Pinch of crushed saffron
- Mango puree
- Pour curd or yogurt into a bowl and start whisking using a hand mixer to get a smooth and liquid consistency.
- Add jaggery powder and mango puree, and continue whisking.
- Now add cardamom powder and saffron.
- If the consistency of the mix is a bit too thick you may add some milk to it.
- Give this mix a good whisk until you see a frothy layer form.
- You may add a few ice cubes to this drink to make it even cooler.